[Mimedefang] Catching the porn spams

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 8 15:27:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, James Miller wrote:

> I think alot of folks would appreciate seeing what rules your written.

Attached as a tar file.  Here's how it works:

The perl script "words-to-sarules.pl" reads a list of words on stdin,
and writes SpamAssassin rules on stdout.

Each line on the input list of words looks like this:

	regexp			# The regexp is scored 0.8

or like this:

	regexp,score		# The regexp is given the specified score

So to generate your SA rules from the attached files, run:

	perl words-to-sarules.pl < wordlist > porn_rules.cf

WARNING:

The file "wordlist" has many words in it that could be considered
objectionable.  If such things bother you, do not read the file or
the resulting SpamAssassin rules.

REQUEST:

Please send me more dirty words and phrases that I didn't think of.  All
the MD list readers are an imaginitive bunch; I'm sure you can improve
on my efforts. :-)

Tarred and gzipped, please.