[Mimedefang] Rewriting Subject header not working

Jason Gurtz jason at jasongurtz.com
Wed Sep 8 10:01:43 EDT 2004

I thought that Spamassassin would still take care of this, but
apparently it doesn't when called by MD.  I've put the following in
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter...

# Prepend '*****SPAM*****' to the Subject
action_change_header("Subject", "\*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*\* $Subject");

...right below where the SA call does the
action_change_header("X-Spam-Score"...);  The X-Spam-Score has always
worked great but the Subject is not being rewritten.

Am I blind and missing some typo or does this need to go somewhere else
in mimedefang-filter?

Cheers,

~Jason