[Mimedefang] counting emails flagged as spam

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Sep 6 17:36:50 EDT 2004

--On Monday, September 06, 2004 3:33 PM -0400 "Kevin A. McGrail"
<kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:

> You might want to look into GraphDefang.  There is already a tie-in for it
> in MD by using a line such as: md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits,
> $RelayAddr);

I just set this up on a couple of servers and it's pretty easy. The hardest
part is locating all the Perl modules to install. Alas, a 3rd server won't
let me install it because graphdefang needs GD version 2 (the Perl graphics
module) and I've got version 1 installed for a particular web app. (GIF
license issues.)

Here's the set of modules I built from CPAN for my Fedora Core 2 system:

perl-File-ReadBackwards-1.02-8.src.rpm
perl-FreezeThaw-0.43-8.src.rpm
perl-GD-2.16-8.src.rpm
perl-GDGraph-1.43-8.src.rpm
perl-GDTextUtil-0.86-8.src.rpm
perl-MLDBM-2.01-8.src.rpm

I installed the web subdirectory into /var/www/html/graphdefang, edited a
couple variables in index.php, graphdefang.cgi, and graphdefang-config and
everything is working.