[Mimedefang] Warning: unable to close filehandle LOGF properly.

Josh Kelley josh at jbc.edu
Thu Sep 2 16:47:47 EDT 2004

Tory Blue wrote:

>Did a search and a few people see this but no answers.
>
>Did I miss something running Mime 2.44/clamav/sendmail 8.13 on a Linux box
>
>mimedefang-multiplexor[15477]: Slave 1 stderr: Warning: unable to close
>filehandle LOGF properly.

I think that it's related to this problem and the related bugfix:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-March/021318.html

Mimedefang makes certain that it closes the filehandle used to talk to
syslog, and I think that it occasionally closes it even when the
filehandle isn't open, which prompts this warning.

I first noticed messages similar to this after adding the bugfix listed
above, so I'm pretty sure they're related.  The warnings should be
harmless, so I've just ignored them.

Josh Kelley