[Mimedefang] Inoffizial MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-05 available (includes a new data corruption fix)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 1 08:37:06 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Martin Blapp wrote:

> That's not true. Look at the workaround itself:
> Only real PDF files get converted, the first line must match the
> '%PDF' pattern.

Nevertheless, the patch is a hack.  Any software that uses qp encoding
for PDF is broken; I don't think we should take responsibility for fixing
it.  I won't put this in the 5.412 official release, or at most, if I do
put it in, you'll have to set a flag in the parser constructor, something
like this:

	foo = MIME::Parser->new(PDFQPHackForBrokenOutlook => 1);