[Mimedefang] What is USER_IN_DEF_WHITELIST?

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Tue Oct 5 20:32:17 EDT 2004

Lee Dilkie wrote:
> Sorry for an SA question on a MD list but google didn't turn up anything.

http://www.spamassassin.org/

(I'm pretty sure this has come up in the SA archives at least once.)

> Question. What is the "default" whitelist? Where and how is it set up?

All default rules are in /usr/share/spamassassin (or equivalent
directory).  Look in 60_whitelist.cf.

 > What mail header fields are matched to get it

Depends how current your copy of SA is.  In the old days it was just
From, but now all the default whitelist entries also check for a
Received header that includes a server in the appropriate domain.
Essentially each entry is not an email address, but an address/server
pair (with wildcards).  The main thing to be concerned about with it is
if you don't have trusted_networks set correctly, in which case it might
pick up on the wrng Received headers.

--
Kelson Vibber