[Mimedefang] Adding virus scanning after MIMEDefang installation

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Oct 29 15:06:54 EDT 2004

--On Friday, October 29, 2004 1:27 PM -0500 Aleksandar Milivojevic
<amilivojevic at pbl.ca> wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are going to need to reinstall MIMEDefang.

Nope. I install MD by RPM and the RPM is built to disable all virus
scanners. One then selectively enables them in mimedefang-filter by setting
a feature variable. My mimedefang-filter contains this:

# manually override compile-time features, clamd is installed
$Features{'Virus:CLAMD'} = 1;
$ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock";

The rest of your instructions match my understanding. I make clamav and
defang members of each others' group.