[Mimedefang] Killing slaves after max number of requests is processed

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Oct 29 14:59:38 EDT 2004

While I was running MIMEDefang 2.46, I've noticed in logs that if max
requests per slave is set to 500, that slaves do not exit normally, and
must be killed with SIGTERM ten seconds later.  This was happening every
time slave gets to 500 requests and is instructed to exit.

After I decreased it to 100 (and upgraded to 2.47), all seems to work
normal.  Mimedefang-multiplexor doesn't need to send SIGTERM to the
slave anymore.  I don't see anything in changelog mentioning this, so I
guess what helped was lowering max requests to 100.  10 seconds for the
slave to exit seems reasonable, so I haven't attempted to experiment
with that.

Anybody else seeing this?