[Mimedefang] Adding virus scanning after MIMEDefang installation

Mark Osbourne mimedefang at osbourne.org
Fri Oct 29 11:50:47 EDT 2004

At the time I installed MIMEDefang, I wasn't allowed to integrate virus
scanning into the setup since ClamAV wasn't approved software yet (long
story there, lawyers, etc).

Now that I've been given the go ahead to use ClamAV, I've built it for
the mailserver and have it installed (in /usr/local/bin).  Now I need to
let MIMEDefang know it can use ClamAV, but would prefer to not have to
rebuild/re-install MIMEDefang just to make that happen, unless that is
the only safe way to do it.

Has anyone else done this sort of setup?  If so, could I get some
pointers on where to look?

>From what I can tell, it looks like I probably need to update
/usr/bin/mimedefang.pl and change $Features{'Virus:CLAMD'} so that it is
set to 1 and make sure that the clamd processes is running as the defang
user and writing it's socket in /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock.

Anything else I have missed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark.