[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang + SpamAssassin AWL

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Oct 28 10:09:22 EDT 2004

I just wanted to check if what I did was correct.  To get AWL working, I
first attempted to only uncomment couple of lines in mimedefang-filter
as instructed in comments:

   # If you want to use auto-whitelisting:
   if (defined($SASpamTester)) {
     use Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList;
     my $awl = Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList->new();
     $SASpamTester->set_persistent_address_list_factory($awl) if
defined($awl);
   }

Hower, it didn't work, so I added these to sa-mimedefang.cf

auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-awl
auto_whitelist_file_mode   0640

After that, things started to work (or at least it looks like that).
Question is, is this correct way to do it?