[Mimedefang] Question about upgrading ClamAv

Mark Penkower mark at roycenet.com
Wed Oct 27 11:42:43 EDT 2004

I am currently running:

clamd / ClamAV version 0.75.1, clamav-milter version 0.75c

Running freshclam gets me the following message:

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately
!WARNING: Current functionality level = 2, required = 3

I compiled up 0.80 on a backup server.  The program and milter are working
fine.  I don't want to have to also have to compile on the production
server.  As the backup and production have the same flavor and version of
Linux, can I just copy over the binaries and configuration files, kill and
restart the appropriate processes?

Thanks

Mark Penkower