[Mimedefang] Detecting content-type of message in filter_end

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Oct 26 10:41:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> BTW, while we are at it.  Is there a reason why $entity is not passed as
> an argument to filter_begin?  It could be usefull if it was possible to
> do some checks on the message before it is modified by MIMEDefang.  It
> would be more efficient if I don't need to wait until filter_end to do
> some simple checks.

It's for historical reasons; changing it now would break a lot of filters.
It's probably not more efficient anyway, because MIMEDefang always
loops through filter_begin / filter - filter - ... - filter / filter_end
anyway.  You can do a test in filter_begin and use the results of that
test to bail out of filter processing if you really need the speedup.