[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang + spamd

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Oct 26 03:54:46 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, John Scully wrote:
>
>> On any system with a lot of rule sets SA represents about 90% of the total
>> message prosessing time.  C vs perl makes a difference on that part.
>
> Yes, but I fail to see how spamd helps -- it still must, ultimately,
> call into the exact same Perl API as any other SA user.

Might spamc/spamd gains from the fact that spamd pre-loads more things and
caches certain internal stuff, which is shared among multiple spamd
slaves, instead of kept into each MIMEDefang slave?

You've said to switch to embedded Perl to avoid those problems, so the
answer probably is no.

Anyway, would it be possible to use the spampd API directly, instead of to
call spamc? That way one could measure the speed factor and useage of
resources better. (No, I don't volunteer ;-)

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser