[Mimedefang] Gentoo packaging : mimedefang ebuild (for MIMEDefang 2.45)

No Six number6 at freesurf.fr
Mon Oct 25 16:46:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've started working on making MIMEDefang installation on Gentoo Linux easier
(we must contribute to OpenSource folks someway ...).

Please note that the MIME-tools MIME-Base64 ebuils in Gentoo are up to
date (respectively versions 5.414 and 3.05) so no manual perl
module installation is needed (I wish all Linux distros did update their
perl modules packages on a regular basis).

So find attached an alpha/beta mimedefang Gentoo ebuild (aka FreeBSD port)
with the needed conf.d and init.d files.

This work is heavily based on previous work from Raymond Page for
MIMEDefang 2.42.

Please let me know how about bugs/enhancements so this either gets included
in the Gentoo portage tree or in the next MIMEDefang tarball (David
it's up to you to decice).

It was stable on my ppc ibook but one never knows ...

Regards,

Number Six

PS : procedure for setting it quickly
mkdir /usr/portage/mail-filter
tar zxvf mimedefang-ebuild.tgz
emerge mimedefang

This is the quick way (the best way is to use PORTDIR_OVERLAY in
make.conf so that each times you emerge sync the directory
/usr/portage/mail-filter/mimedefang does not get removed)

PS2 : Is a graphdefang ebuild of interest for Gentoo users ?