[Mimedefang] Bayes DB in SpamAssassin 3.0

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Sun Oct 24 02:03:52 EDT 2004

OK, my SA 3.0 install works fine.  If I use the command line
"spamassassin -t < testmessage" on an e-mail, all comes out well.
There are no errors with "spamassassin -D --lint".

Yet, when I run "mimedefang.pl -test", I get:

bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 160.
bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 160.
Filter /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter seems syntactically correct.

The Bayes database was created by taking a Bayes database from a
SpamAssassin 2.63 install and using "sa-learn --import" to turn it into
the new version.

I'm running (or trying to run) MIMEDefang 2.45.

--
Jeff Rife        | "You are now dead.  Thank you for using Stop and
SPAM bait:       |  Drop, America's favorite Suicide Booth since