[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.45 compile errors ??

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Sat Oct 23 22:47:45 EDT 2004

Brent J. Nordquist wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:15:52AM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
>

> Sorry if I missed any posts (I'm catching up on the MIMEDefang list now)
> but I got this also, with Fedora Core 2 x86_64 -- could the x86_64 be
> the common factor in people who are seeing this?

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head. It seems old perl modules are left
in the /usr/lib/ and new perl modules go in /usr/lib64/, maybe to allow
for 32 bit and 64 bit versions at the same time.

> What I'm discovering about Perl under FC2 x86_64 is that things seem
> to be split between /usr/lib and /usr/lib64. I suspect what I have
> is that MIMEDefang's configure is finding /usr/lib for some of the
> paths it's searching for, but the module is installed under /usr/lib64
> (or vice-versa).
>
> Using --disable-check-perl-modules at least fixed the warning, but I
> haven't gotten as far as seeing it all work yet. Also I had to use
> --with-milterlib=/usr/lib64 (since that's where libmilter.a is on
> FC2 x86_64).

I tried the disable check and it builds, but it still crashes, because
the wrong modules are accessed at run time.

The only way is to go searching for the old modules and delete them.

--

Bill Maidment
Maidment Enterprises Pty Ltd

Unless you are named "Alfred E. Newman", you may read only the "odd
numbered words" (every other word beginning with the first) of the
message above. If you have violated that, then you hereby owe the sender
AU$10 for each even numbered word you have read.
Adapted from "Stupid Email Disclaimers" (see
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/)