[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.45 compile errors ??

Brent J. Nordquist b-nordquist at bethel.edu
Sat Oct 23 13:13:19 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:15:52AM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, J.P van Oyen wrote:
>
> > checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... configure: WARNING: *** Error
> > trying to use Perl module MIME::WordDecoder
>
> Could you send me (only me, not the list) the complete output of
> ./configure?
>
> Has anyone else encountered this?  I tested on Red Hat 9, Fedora Core 1,
> FreeBSD and Solaris...

Sorry if I missed any posts (I'm catching up on the MIMEDefang list now)
but I got this also, with Fedora Core 2 x86_64 -- could the x86_64 be
the common factor in people who are seeing this?

What I'm discovering about Perl under FC2 x86_64 is that things seem
to be split between /usr/lib and /usr/lib64. I suspect what I have
is that MIMEDefang's configure is finding /usr/lib for some of the
paths it's searching for, but the module is installed under /usr/lib64
(or vice-versa).

Using --disable-check-perl-modules at least fixed the warning, but I
haven't gotten as far as seeing it all work yet. Also I had to use
--with-milterlib=/usr/lib64 (since that's where libmilter.a is on
FC2 x86_64).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist at bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.its.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html