[Mimedefang] Symantec ScanEngine not Working with MimeDefang 2.44

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 22 21:36:46 EDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Johnson, Robert F wrote:

> I'm trying to run Symantec Scan Engine with MimeDefang 2.44, but without
> any success.

This is a bug in Symantec's software which was triggered by a change
in MIMEDefang.  We now write the entire mail message to the
spool directory with a "From_" line so it looks like a UNIX mailbox.
This convinces ClamAV to treat it as a mail message.

It also breaks Symantec's software.  However, I believe Symantec has an
update that fixes this -- you might want to give them a shout.