[Mimedefang] filter config question

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Oct 22 17:39:36 EDT 2004

Rich West wrote:
> A while back I configured mimedefang to *not* scan email the
> is destined
> to the hosted mailing lists.
>
> However, I just noticed that it *is* scanning email *from*
> the lists out
> to the list members.  Interestingly enough, this is causing
> some problems..
>
> Is there an easy way within the filter to determine what host the
> message is originating from (I only want it to bypass if the
> originating host is the maillist server (in this case, localhost))?
>
> -Rich

perhaps
if ($RelayAddr eq "127.0.0.1")

will serve your purposes.

Or maybe the negation

if ($RelayAddr ne "127.0.0.1")
{	# do various spam checks etc.
}

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"