[Mimedefang] JPEG exploit checking in mimedefang-filter

Jared Armstrong jared at alyeskaresort.com
Sun Oct 17 14:55:21 EDT 2004

It appears to return 'corrupt' on corrupt jpegs, jpegs with extra client
nonsense in them (proprietary watermarks, indexes, rights management, etc.),
and jpegs with steganographic content as well.

Of course, one could argue that even a common corrupt jpeg has the potential
to cause problems on the recipients machine and should be intercepted in
transit anyway.  The other items might be a concern as well, depending upon
your environment.

--
 Jared Armstrong

 http://www.alyeskaresort.com