[Mimedefang] Please try again later errors

Trevor Dodds trevor at dodds.za.net
Thu Oct 14 15:23:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm running 2 MimeDefang 2.45 with SA 3 on a Sun Fire V210 Servers both with
MX 10 with 1 GB ram.
My mimeconfig is as follows:
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor -U defang -p
/var/run/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid -m 8 -x 20 -b 600 -l -r 200
Everything seems to work fine until someone sends out a mailing list and I
have thousands of emails being
Processed,  I run out of memory on the server as mimedefang.pl is using
around 50MB + 50MB per process X 20.
Then I receive lots of tempfails followed by please try again later.  I've
tried limiting sendmail to only allow
MaxChildren of 30, ConnectionRateThrottle=1, RefuseLA=4 although this does
decrease the amount of temp fails I get,
But I still receive them.  Is there any way to stop this, I can't have
clients receiving "please try again later" errors.
Will adding another 1GB of memory and another CPU help?

Thanks
Trevor