[Mimedefang] JPEG exploit checking in mimedefang-filter

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Oct 12 13:13:49 EDT 2004

Reference to Ken Cormack's filter code, Sep 28, using djpeg
to diagnose success or fail...

>        my($code, $category, $action) =
>        run_virus_scanner( "djpeg -fast -dither none
> -grayscale -scale 1/8 -outfile /dev/null $path" );

We find that jpg attachments in mail sent with the OSX Mail program
fail this test, quite a lot, maybe all the time.

I'm going to be looking into it.  If anyone else is ahead of me on
a solution please say so.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York