Using spamd instead of Perl module (was RE: [Mimedefang] Bayes locking)

ISI jscully at isupportisp.com
Fri Oct 8 12:06:28 EDT 2004

When mail flow is primarily addressed to real mailboxes there is little
benefit from useing spamc/spamd, but during a heavy distributed dictionary
attack, when our filter servers may be receiving hundreds of messages a
second coming from hundreds of addresses we see profound benefits from using
spamc/spamd for the reasons mentioned.  Same goes for virus blasts.  We run
60-100 MD threads, but only 15 spamd children and never have all 15 in use
at one time.

John Scully