[Mimedefang] Spamassassin not using SURBL

Doug Brott brott at redh.com
Wed Oct 6 11:09:07 EDT 2004

Not sure if this will help or not, but I had this problem as well ...
Since I did not fully investigate what might have caused the problem, a
Net::DNS update might have been the only thing that actually fixed my
problem.

I had two installation running what I thought to be identicle
configurations.  Everything was working except the SURBL in one case.
The failing system had Fedora Core 1 while the working system had Fedora
Core 2.  Each of these two systems had the most up-to-date version of
PERL for that Fedora Core release.  The way I finally ended up solving
the problem was to install the PERL package updates that were available
on FC2 onto the FC1 machine.  I did this by pointing my YUM repository
to an FC2 location and updating only PERL packages.  After I updated all
of the PERL packages SURBL started working.  Again, it may have been as
simple as the Net::DNS update, but it didn't feel that way to me.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Brott
brott at redh.com