[Mimedefang] html email

Edmund cc at belfordhk.com
Wed Oct 6 04:34:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I do not particularly appreciate html mail, so I figured
I'd add something to the mimedefang-filter to get rid
of the <html> </html> tags.  As a start, to test it out,
I tried the following code:

     if ($type eq "text/html") {
         my($output, $io);
           if ($io = $entity->open("r")){
                $output = $io->getline;
                $output =~ s/<(html|\/html)//igs;
                $io = $entity->open("w");
                $io->print($output);
                $io->close;
           }
     }

This is in the filter() function.

I haven't touched the mimedefang-filter in a while and haven't
touched perl in a while as well, so I've probably done some
ghastly mistake.   (Why?  Because it's not working...)

Is there a book out that can help me?

Thanks

Edmund