[Mimedefang] MIME Virus Issue?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Nov 11 11:26:50 EST 2004

Quoting Chris Masters <rotis23 at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:21:16

> Hi All,
>
> We've just had an incident where 2 or more viruses
> have got through our scanners. The virus was
> W32.Mota.B at mm and was packaged with the following
> Content-Type header:

> We're using mimedefang-2.43 and *old*
> MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-02.

There was a bug in old versions of MIME-tools.  If boundary was empty string (as
in your case), mail was not parsed correctly.  It was fixed in version 5.415.
It might be good idea to upgrade MIMEDefang to current 2.48, since there were
couple of small bugs fixed there too (although not as important as the bug in
MIME-tools).