[Mimedefang] Do not use Clam AV < version 8.0 --Wrong!

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 17:01:05 EST 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:31:16 -0800, Tory Blue <tmblue at responsys.com> wrote:
> I think we are all just a bit lost or none of us has mastered reading
> comprehension. This is a slam on all of us, me included, since I'm now
> foggy, maybe I'm a flip flopper :)
>
> >From the site:
> "Unless you are using DNSDatabaseInfo, please keep the check frequency below
> once per hour. "
>
> This here states that my initial read was in fact correct. If your not using
> DNSDatabaseInfo (if you are in fact pre 8.0), then please check for updates
> less then once per hour.
>
> Which means that those (me included) that were checking 4-8 times a day, are
> actually bad mimedefang citizens.

Looks like you did fail your reading comprehension - checking 4-8
times a day means an interval of 6-3 hours - certainly less than once
an hour.

The short answer is - you should upgrade to 0.80 or later anyway, to
ensure you're able to use the latest signatures.

The long answer is - this belongs on the clamav list, where it's been
discussed already (go read the archives).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor