[Mimedefang] Virus Alert gets marked as Spam

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 13:06:58 EST 2004

Hi all,
I'm using MIMEDefang with SpamAssassin.
First, what function generates the Virus Alert? I can't find it
anywhere in mimedefang-filter, so I guess it's one of the action_
thingy?
And all the Virus Alerts gets marked as Spam by Spamassassin, which is
kind of annoying.

Here's what I want to do with $FoundVirus

 if ($FoundVirus) {
        md_graphdefang_log('virus', $VirusName, $RelayAddr);
        md_syslog('warning', "Discarding because of virus $VirusName");
        action_notify_administrator("Virus $VirusName Found in Message
from $sender to $recipeint");
        action_quarantine_entire_message("Virus $VirusName found in message.");
        return action_discard();
    }

According to the documentation,
action_quarantine_entire_message($message) should send the
administrator the $message. But it's not working, neither is
action_notify_administrator($)
But I'm getting

VIRUS ALERT:$VirusName
Then SpamAssassin butchers it
[Pssible SPAM (8.33)]: VIRUS ALERT: Worm.Bagle.AU

as subject name in emails sent by defang user.....confused.

Thanks,

Yang