[Mimedefang] Need to score .html attachments.

Danny Jensen Dannyj at Magtek.com
Tue Nov 30 18:42:57 EST 2004

Need to score .html attachments.

Problem:
Some of our customer send us Purchase Orders as .html attachments. I
have spamassassin .cf rule sets that assign a very negative score for
any text that looks like a purchase order but these .cf rules don't work
on mail with like:

=20
Your files are attached and ready to send with this message.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4D623.84C0990B
	filename="04 2625 0713 Joe Smo Svc Sta Area B, MagneTek.htm"

Here is the spam score.

Spam Analysis Report (Score = 27.6):
 2.3 MANGLED_BODY           BODY: mangled body
 2.3 MANGLED_FROM           BODY: mangled from
 2.3 MANGLED_PURCHS         BODY: mangled purchase(s)
 2.3 MANGLED_ACCNT          BODY: mangled account(s)
 2.3 MANGLED_WEIGHT         BODY: mangled weight
 2.3 MANGLED_OFF            BODY: mangled off
 2.3 MANGLED_TEXT           BODY: mangled text
 2.3 MANGLED_DELIVY         BODY: mangled delivery
 2.3 MANGLED_MEN            BODY: mangled men
 2.3 MANGLED_COST           BODY: mangled cost
 2.3 MANGLED_CABLE          BODY: mangled cable
 2.3 MANGLED_EXTNSN         BODY: mangled extension(s)

Question:
1)	Is there any way I can tell spamassassin to read the attachment
and score it with its rules
2)	Is there a way I can use standard .cf rules to score just the
mime header portion of the mail. Eg rule

header LOCAL_HTML_NAME  Content-Disposition =~ /name=\".*mag.*\.html?\"/
header LOCAL_HTML_ATACH Content-Disposition =~ /attachment/

I tried the above rule and I can't get it to "fire" with header or body.

3)      Can i use mimedefang filters and call SA on the attachment?

I'm using canit-pro, sa 2.63.

Danny