[Mimedefang] message/partial

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Tue Nov 30 18:27:29 EST 2004

hello

In the default filter it rejects with a bounce msg and a discard, the
$type message/partial.

This has happened on a legitimate (ie sender and recipient are known
and have valid reasons for sending the mail) message today. Its the
first time in about a year of using MD that I've seen this.

They appeared to be sending a jpeg attachment but as it was presumably
large, it arrived in 7 smaller bits - via 7 messages.

what is the security risk with message/partial?

Sending 7 emails each with a picture attachment doesn't seem to me to
be an issue per se, so I presume that their mail client might have
split it up. Any clients known to do this? Workarounds?

Many thanks

rolf.