[Mimedefang] Need to turn off CC in Defang Notifications

Tony Nelson tnelson at starpoint.com
Mon Nov 29 17:05:52 EST 2004

Quoting "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Kris Deugau wrote:
>
> > I would just remove it;  do your users *really* need to know about every
> > virus/phishing/scam email that gets blocked?
>
> I have my virus handling set to discard viruses, and I didn't even
> know about the phish signatures until today.
>
> $ grep -i ,virus,.*phish /var/log/maillog*|wc -l
>       9
>
> Cool!  9 phishing scams I never even knew were sent our way.

My goodness.. I've been trying to catchup from Thanksgiving Weekend all day..
and look what I found..

root at mail:~# grep -i ,virus,.*phish /var/log/maillog* | wc -l
211

Wow!

Just gotta love open source software that works.

Tony

This email message from Starpoint Solutions LLC is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Starpoint Solutions shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.