[Mimedefang] Need to turn off CC in Defang Notifications

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Nov 29 17:35:24 EST 2004

"David F. Skoll" wrote:
> I have my virus handling set to discard viruses, and I didn't even
> know about the phish signatures until today.
>
> $ grep -i ,virus,.*phish /var/log/maillog*|wc -l
>       9
>
> Cool!  9 phishing scams I never even knew were sent our way.

I'm a little more paranoid;  I quarantine unless it's a virus I've
checked up on.  Once I've had a chance to look at an example one of
these, I will usually add it to the filter as something to be discarded
silently.

I do this because I came across a Javascript/Windows-scripting virus
that actually attached itself to legitimate email, and a customer called
to find out why they weren't getting mail from someone.  I don't recall
whether I released those messages from quarantine or not, but I *could*
tell them "<friend> is sending you virus-infected mail".

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!