[Mimedefang] Need to turn off CC in Defang Notifications

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Mon Nov 29 16:26:38 EST 2004

Mark Penkower wrote:
> Since Clamav 0.80 took it upon itself to detect and bounce
> HTML.Phishing emails, my users are getting cc's with the message.
> The notification to the sender (from defang) is cc'd to postmaster
> and to the user.
>
> In my filter, I want to turn off the cc'ing to the user.  How do I
> accomplish that?

MIMEDefang does not send the user such a notification by default, and
hasn't for quite some time (if ever).  Check through your
mimedefang-filter, and see where a user is getting notified.  You're
probably using action_drop_with_warning() or
action_replace_with_warning() somewhere - that's the call that passes
the message/notification on to the user.

I would just remove it;  do your users *really* need to know about every
virus/phishing/scam email that gets blocked?

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!