[Mimedefang] Need to turn off CC in Defang Notifications

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:08:27 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:43:10 -0500, Mark Penkower <mark at roycenet.com> wrote:
> Since Clamav 0.80 took it upon itself to detect and bounce HTML.Phishing
> emails, my users are getting cc's with the message.  The notification to
> the sender (from defang) is cc'd to postmaster and to the user.

Well, it isn't Clamav doing the bouncing, but your filter.

Frankly, there is no point in informing the recipient of any virus
related email - most sender addresses are forged.  Far better to, at
most, inform the postmaster.  AFAIK this is the default, so look to
the changes you've made to the stock filter,

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor