[Mimedefang] spam filter for quarantine emails

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Sat Nov 27 22:55:30 EST 2004

David,

I can't just reject the email with a .exe because my users do
occasionaly send/receive .exe's and need to know about it.

I looked at the example MD config, and the only difference between it
and my current config is in the filter subroutine. The example drops
the part, whereas I call the quarantine function.

Because I call the quarantine function, if a user really did need that
exe - I can get it for them.

So if I revert back to the example and only call the drop_with_warning
function, the attachment will be dropped, and if the email is also spam
- that will be detacted down the line in filter_end, right?

I can live with that. Though I know one day one of my users will have
someone send them an exe (i.e Dell Support emails them an exe that
determines service tag or something), and they will want that exe right
away.

-John