[Mimedefang] MIMEDEFANG : filter by specific subject

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 24 12:03:58 EST 2004

Am Mi, den 24.11.2004 schrieb hitete at free.fr um 17:02:

> How can I filter by specific subject in mimedefang ?
> I'd like to check the subject and delete the mail if the subject matches.
>
> /Hitete

Are you sure you want that? Filtering messages based only on 1 content
criteria is often not a wise decision.

If using SpamAssassin with MimeDefang you should build a custom rule and
address it i.e. 5 points or even more. This way such mail has quickly a
spam score you can filter for.
Else do rejection with a custom ruleset within Sendmail itself.

Alexander

P.S. Btw. please do not reply to different list topics. In threaded view
of this list the mail else appear as part of a very different and often
many days old discussion thread. And the mailing list manager itself
prefixes the list mail subject with a [Mimedefang] tag, so you don't
need to add that yourself.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:03:21 up 4 days, 12:50, load average: 0.33, 0.16, 0.14