[Mimedefang] timeout before data read / smfi_chgheader returned MI_FAILURE

Jurgen Botz jurgen at botz.org
Mon Nov 22 13:33:10 EST 2004

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> There was discussion about this last week.  You probably set Milter
> timeouts in sendmail.mc (INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line) too low.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I saw that discussion, but my
problem seems to be different.  I didn't see the same symptoms of
the defang process being restarted quickly, for example, and there
definitely seems to be a connection to this error:

   Nov 22 09:33:54 kahuna mimedefang[5656]: iAMHXhdD005903:
smfi_addheader returned MI_FAILURE

:j