[Mimedefang] STILL : MIMEDEFANG NOT TAGGING

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Fri Nov 19 09:52:39 EST 2004

Yes, you do need Mail::Spamassasin perl libraries installed, but you do not
need spamd. Spamd is the daemon, procmail rules hit the spamassassin script
itself.. not spamd or spamc, at least from what I have seen... (we don't use
procmail here and let end users select ham/spam/whitelist via openwebmail).

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /user/bin/spamassassin

:0:
caughtspam

(Straight fom the wiki)

I don't know.. maybe you would get better performance using spamc/spamd in a
sitewide install using procmail verses  /user/bin/spamassassin (probably
would, but then you woudl need to have spamd running), but I think youd get
even greater performance using mimedefang... esp if you are already using it
anyway.

Also, though I have not tested this as we have not had a need.. I believe
spamassassin will still look for a user_pref file in each users home dir and
append that config to the ones it finds in /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf whether
run from mimedefang or seperately... I know it picks up configs in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf when run from mimedefang.

Jim

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:21:25 -0500, Rich West wrote

--
EsisNet.com Webmail Client