[Mimedefang] SA 3.0: Loading preferences, etc from LDAP or MySQL

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Thu Nov 18 16:00:15 EST 2004

Since SA 3.0 now natively supports loading preferences and such from LDAP
or MySQL, I've been taking a look to see what would be required to
integrate this with Mimedefang.

>From what I've found, it looks like it'd be fairly simple - the filter
would need a way to pass what it thinks the username is (the filter
portion to figure out the proper username to pass on would probably need
to be done on a site-by-site basis), and then mimedefang.pl would need to
run $object->loadscoreonly_ldap($username) and
$object->signal_user_changed(username => $username, user_dir => undef)
before running object->check($mail).

Does the above look reasonable? Has anyone started down this path yet? If
not, I'll see what I can do to get it working.

David, what would be the preferred way of passing the username to
spam_assassin_check from the filter? Add an additional (optional) field
that would either be 'ldap:username' or 'mysql:username', or something
similar?