[Mimedefang] STILL : MIMEDEFANG NOT TAGGING

James Ebright jebright at esisnet.com
Tue Nov 16 09:31:31 EST 2004

You need to look in the redhat dir in the cource dir for mimedefang and grab
the init script for redhat and install and sart it as well.

Even if fedoras sendmail init script makes the cf file.... I'd do that myself
anyway. You do NOT need spamd or sa at all.. mimedefang takes care of that.

You DO need to make sure you have a milter setup for mimedfang.. but do NOT
want one for spamd (this is in sendmail.mc).

Important config files for a redhat or redhat clone:

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc/cf
/etc/sysconfig/mimedefang
/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang (this is in /etc/mail/spamassasin on older mimedefang
installs)
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter
/etc/init.d/mimedefang (or mimedefang.init if you didnt rename it)

You should start mimedefang before sendmail (the script is chkconfig compliant)

Jim Ebright
www.esisnet.com
ESISNET, LLC

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:40:39 -0500, Jeff Rife wrote
> On 16 Nov 2004 at 0:38, Hitete wrote:
>
> > I have fedora core 2 + mimedefang 2.42 + SA 2.64 + Sendmail.
> >
> > I've installed everything corectly :
> > spamd starts ok,
> > sa starts o
> > dcc starts ok
>
> You don't need spamd running at all.  SpamAssassin is integrated
> into MIMEDefang through pure Perl.
>
> > What kinda logs should I see in maillog if SA worked well with mimedefang
> > and sendmail ?.
>
> You need to make sure that logging is enabled for MIMEDefang
> (MX_LOG=yes and SYSLOG_FACILITY=mail in /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang).
>
> You also need to make sure that any optional function calls are
> enabled
> (MX_RELAY_CHECK=yes, MX_SENDER_CHECK=yes, and/or
> MX_RECIPIENT_CHECK=yes in /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang).
>
> Then, just add lines like the following to your /etc/mail/mimedefang-
> filter:
>
> md_syslog('info', "md_info: Got here");
>
> These will show up in /var/log/maillog.
>
> --