[Mimedefang] Custom Configuration

Ian Mitchell junk at aftermagic.com
Mon Nov 15 08:45:07 EST 2004

Nothing saying you can't have something along the lines of

127.0.0.1    RELAY

If no other IP's are listed and you have access_db feature turned on, then
that would make is so that only the MX itself would be able to relay. Now,
one thing I would think that could be potentially ugly is if any
script/CGI/program/whatever that may be running on that box had the
potential to send out emails unchecked. You might provide a nice little
proxy for some evil spam sender.

Without the From: in the line, sendmail should check the originating IP
for the connection. And iptables can be configured to drop any packets
coming in on public interfaces with a destination IP spoofed of 127.0.0.1.