[Mimedefang] Custom Configuration

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Nov 12 15:22:53 EST 2004

> It worked like a charm, great. One question for you. I guess this is
> more of a sendmail question than MIMEDefang

Excellent.

> In the access table
> I added
>
> From:localhost.mydomain.com   RELAY
> From:mydomain.com                 REJECT
>
> since this is the incoming mxhost, I don't expect any valid sender
> from the internal domain.
> Do you see any potential problems with this? i.e. emails generated
> from the localhost and etc....

Technically, you need to add this to the genaccess.pl file as the access
file is overwritten every 5 minutes.  But going on, what happens if a user
emails from their home machine relaying through their ISP.  Wouldn't that
hit inbound on this MX matching your REJECT?  That's the only scenario I can
see.  Others might be able to point out different ones.

Regards,
KAM