[Mimedefang] tmpfs on Linux

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Nov 12 12:44:04 EST 2004

Jeff Rife wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2004 at 9:03, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>

>>For later (simpler) global solution, just add these lines to
>>sa-mimedefang.cf:
>>
>>auto_whitelist_path      /var/spool/MIMEDefang/awl
>>
>>bayes_path           /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes
>

> These are really *bad* paths if you put /var/spool/MIMEDefang on any
> sort of ramdisk (like many of us do).

In my defense, those were example paths (mine don't look like that
either).  I've put them as examples since MIMEDefang directory is owned
by defang user, so it is one possiblity (if, as you said, one doesn't
use ramdisk for that directory).  If somebody does use ramdisk, he'll
probably have enough of common sense to change them to some more
permanent location.