[Mimedefang] add warning inline - not working?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Nov 12 12:39:25 EST 2004

Mark Price wrote:
> Ah, thanks Aleksandar.  That makes a little more sense now.  The
> complaints are actually coming from an Outlook user.  It does display
> the warning inline, but also shows that there is an attachment.  I was
> hoping it might add the text to what was already in the message without
> a new mime part.

I'm not 100% sure, but if there's no name and filename options to
Content-Type and Content-Disposition headers, some (not all) mail agents
will not show that there's an attachment if the attachment is
displayable (text/plain, text/html, images, and so on).

Also, I need to throw some ash on myself.  I've reread mimedefang-filter
manpage.  You were right, if you set AddWarningsInline, than MIMEDefang
was supposed to add warnings to the first text/plain and text/html
parts, not generate separate MIME part (unless there is no text/plain
and text/html parts).  Was there anything unusual in those emails that
made MIMEDefang use inline attachments instead of mungling existing text
and/or html parts?