[Mimedefang] add warning inline - not working?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Fri Nov 12 11:19:54 EST 2004

Mark Price wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have setup the replace attachment with URL feature, and it is working
> well.
>
> However, I am unable to get the added text (warning) displayed inline
> with the message.  I have $AddWarningsInline = 1; in my
> mimedefang-filter file.  I restarted mimedefang and sendmail.
>
> When I send a message through the mail server, it is adding the warning
> as an attachment (warning1.txt), instead of inline like I want.
>
> Here is an example, I put CRs between lines so it wouldnt confuse
> someones mail client reading my message.  Any ideas?

It is adding them inline.  See the Content-Disposition header.  It is
your mail client that is not displaying them properly.

I see that you are using Mozilla Thunderbird.  Strange, that one should
display "inline" attachments correctly (actually, I believe it displays
all text/plain attachments by default).