[Mimedefang] tmpfs on Linux

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Nov 10 11:17:00 EST 2004

Let's say you are running 40 sendmails.  That should take about 120MB of
ram.  To run 40 sendmails, you need 10 to 15 mimedefangs running eating up
say 400 to 600MB of RAM as a guess.  Add a 128MB tmpfs and you are using a
lot of RAM.

How large is your bayesian and whitelist files?  What else is running on the
box?

I think you should look into the 15-20 sendmail realm and you'll be much
better off.

If you scale the numbers above to 50 or 100 sendmails, you are just swapping
out of RAM.

Regards,
KAM