[Mimedefang] Slave 0 stderr: Out of memory!

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Wed Nov 10 10:35:57 EST 2004

ron jon wrote:
> I have a working setup (mimedefang-2.38 / SpamAssassin-2.60) running

You should upgrade SA to at least 2.64;  there are a number of issues
including a known DoS attack.  Check the SA changelog from 2.64 for the
full list.

> on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE.
> I recently tried to add a new cf file to
> /usr/local/share/spamassassin.
> >sa-blacklist-current-bigevil.cf (1.5MB)  from
> >http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist.
> I stopped /started  (mimedefang, spamassassin, sendmail),
> and this is the output of my maillog:

[snip]

> It seems like the 1.5MB sa-blacklist-current-bigevil.cf file is too
> big for my setup.

BigEvil has recently been Officially Discontinued;  you should *really*
not use it for exactly this reason (it's a memory pig that WILL bring
all but the most insanely over-spec hardware to its knees).  Upgrade SA
to 2.64, and install the SURBL "plugin" for 2.64 (see
http://www.surbl.org for more detail).

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!