[Mimedefang] MIME type message/partial

Keith Patton kpatton at dallas.photronics.com
Tue Nov 9 09:02:58 EST 2004

Hello,
 I am getting compaints of email not being delivered.  I look in the
logs and they are being bounced with "MIME type message/partial not
accepted here".  Sure enough the filter blocks this type of message.  So
like any good computer is does exactly what you tell it.

Can someone please explain the reason for blocking these messages, as
well as the ramifications if I let these pass?
 I need something because mgmt is likely to tell me just not to block
and I would like to have some valid reasons as to why they are being
blocked.

thanks,

Keith