[Mimedefang] Mimedefang processes are blocking

Dave Close dave at compata.com
Sun Nov 7 22:32:25 EST 2004

"David F. Skoll" wrote:
>It's hard to know why this is happening.  Try using the embedded Perl
>interpreter -- perhaps your machine is running out of memory and swapping.
>It could also be a hardware problem.

I should have mentioned, I checked memory use during the problem. There
is a little swap in use, but it doesn't seem to be recent. There is not
much disk activity as might be a swap indicator. While the problem could
be hardware, a reboot is a reliable cure, and no matter how long I wait
(up to three hours), the problem does not cure itself without a reboot.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA  "You can't go to Windows Update
dave at compata.com, +1 714 434 7359    and get a patch for stupidity."