[Mimedefang] Frustration...

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Thu Nov 4 17:11:01 EST 2004

On 4 Nov 2004 at 14:02, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> First off: What are you using for your mimedefang-filter script? The
> tarball has examples/suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients which
> has a pretty complete framework.

Unless I'm mistaken, I can't see any difference between this file and
the default that is installed as /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter.

> My users would never allow me to unilaterally drop everything that SA
> claimed was spam.

We're not an ISP, but I have found that dropping anything that scores
higher than 10 (using the standard SA 2.63 rulesets) gives us zero
false positives, and *nothing* that anybody could possibly want.

--
Jeff Rife        |
SPAM bait:       | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/HDTV.gif